- Jun 2013, 61st American Society for Mass Spectrometry Conference at Minneapolis (2 Oral, 7 Posters).
- May 2013, Congraturations to Erica Smith for Alpha Chi Sigma award, Andy Korte for Mary K. and Velmer A. Fassel Fellowship, Paul Cole for Chevron Phillips Fellowship, Gargey Yagnik for Edward V. Sayre Chemistry Fellowship, and Adam Klein for ISU Teaching Excellence award.
- Apr 2013, Invited talk at 9th North American FTMS Conference, Key West, Fl.
- Nov 2012, Invited talk at the workshop, Energy@MagLab, Tallahassee, Fl.
- Oct 2012, Andy and Paul, contributed talk at ACS Midwest Regional Meeting, Omaha, NE.
- Oct 2012, Invited talk at ACS Midwest Regional Meeting, Omaha, NE.
- Sep 2012, Invited talk at 19th International Mass Spectrometry Conference, Kyoto, Japan.
- Aug 2012, Our MALDI-MS imaging work is appeared in
Ames Lab news
- May 2012, 60th American Society of Mass Spectrometry Conference at Vancouver (6 Posters).
- Apr 2012, Erica Smith received Moore Fellowship.
- Apr 2012, Andy Korte received Brown Fellowship and Chevron Phillips Fellowship.
- Feb 2012, Our work on "Spatial Mapping of Lipids at Cellular Resolution in Embryos of Cotton" in collaboration with Kent Chapman in University of North Texas is appeared in
The Plant Cell. This work is also highlighted in
'in-brief' within the same journal.
- Sep 2011, Paul Cole received GAANN fellowship.
- May 2011, 59th American Society of Mass Spectrometry conference at Denver (1 Oral, 8 Posters).
- May 2011, Erica Smith received Chevron Phillips fellowship.
- Mar 2011, Contributed talk at Pittcon 2011, Atlanta, GA.
- Mar 2011, Erica Smith received Cotton-Uphaus award.
- Feb 2011, Invited talk at Gordon Research Conference, Plant Lipids: Structure, Metabolism & Function, Galveston, TX.
- Sep 2010, Erica Smith received GAANN fellowship.
- Aug 2010, Erica’s work, FIRST petroleomic approach for bio-oil analysis, is accepted in Energy & Fuels.
- Jul 2010, DC left the group to join the faculty at Broward College in Florida.
- Jun 2010, Talk at 12th Congress of the International Association for Plant Biotechnology at St. Louis.
- May 2010, 58th American Society of Mass Spectrometry conference at Salt Lake City (1 Oral, 6 Posters).
- Apr 2010, Our paper, "High Spatial and High Mass Resolution Imaging of Surface Metabolites of Arabidopsis thaliana by Laser
Desorption Ionization Mass Spectrometry using Colloidal Silver" published in Analytical Chemistry was chosen as a Highlight of the Month
on Analytical Chemistry web site.
- Mar 2010, Invited to talk at the 239th ACS National Meeting in San Francisco, "Mass Spectrometric Characterization of Biorenewables".
- Oct 2009, Field trip of AP chemistry students from Mason City High School led by Adam Callanan.
- Oct 2009, Invited to talk at the 36th FACSS conference.
- Oct 2009, Erica and Ji Hyun gave oral presentations at the ACS Midwest Conference.
- May 2009, 57th American Society of Mass Spectrometry conference at Philadelphia (1 Oral, 3 Posters).
- Our research on 'mass spectrometry imaging of plant metabolites' appeared at the headline news of Plant Science Institute .view
- Funding Support