Ka Yang is currently a Ph.D. student, co-advised by Dr. Daji Qiao and Dr. Wensheng Zhang in the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering at Iowa State University, Ames, Iowa. He received his B.S. degree in Electrical Engineering in 2007 from Harbin Institute of Technology, Harbin, China. His current work aims to mitigate the privacy and security threats to user and data in the emerging cloud computing services. Prior to this, he has worked on research projects in the areas of security and privacy in wireless sensor networks, wireless sensor network applications and pervasive computing applications.
- Cloud Computing
- Privacy and Security
- Mobile and Pervasive Computing
- Ka Yang, Jinsheng Zhang, Wensheng Zhang, and Daji Qiao, "PQP: Preservation of Query Privacy in Un-trusted Cloud", Technical Report, 2011.
- Ka Yang, Jinsheng Zhang, Wensheng Zhang, and Daji Qiao, "A light-weight solution to preservation of access pattern privacy in un-trusted cloud", in Proc. of ESORICS'11, Leuven, Belgium, Sept. 2011. [PDF][Full Report]
- Ka Yang, Daji Qiao, and Wensheng Zhang, "Sensor Aided Navigation in GPS-Denied Environment", in Proc. of QShine'10, Houston, TX, Nov. 2010. [PDF]
- Ka Yang, Nalin Subramanian, Daji Qiao, and Wensheng Zhang, "EagleVision: A Pervasive Mobile Device Protection System", in Proc. of MobiQuitous'09, Toronto, Canada, Jul. 2009. [PDF]
- Demo Abstract: Ka Yang, Nalin Subramanian, Daji Qiao, and Wensheng Zhang. "Demo: A Pervasive Mobile Device Protection System", in Demo Session of IEEE INFOCOM'09, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, Apr. 2009. [PDF][Poster][Poster V.2]
- Nalin Subramanian, Ka Yang, Wensheng Zhang, and Daji Qiao, "ElliPS: A Privacy Preserving Scheme for Sensor Data Storage and Query", in Proc. of IEEE INFOCOM'09, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, Apr. 2009. [PDF]
- Nalin Subramanian, Ka Yang, Wensheng Zhang, and Daji Qiao, "PrivINT: How to ensure Data Integrity in a Privacy-preserving Data-centric WSN", Technical Report, 2010.
- Privacy and Secrecy Preservation in Un-trusted Clouds
Boeing, John Deere, and ISU NSF-Industry-University Cooperative Research Center for Information Protection (Now S2ERC) (2011).
- SecCloud: Towards A Secure Cloud We Trust
John Deere, Union Pacific, and ISU NSF-Industry-University Cooperative Research Center for Information Protection (2010).
- Pervasive mobile device protection system: a pervasive mobile device protection system based on sensing and wireless networking technologies, which provides an integrated protection to both device and data. A prototype system was implemented using laptops and Crossbow TelosB motes.
- Sensor aided navigation system in GPS-denied environment: a scheme is proposed to navigate users with sensors in GPS-denied environment using only signal strength information. A test bed system was implemented using Acroname Garcia robot and Crossbow TelosB and MicaZ motes.
- Crypto and Security
- Advanced Protocols and Network Security
- Probability and Statistics
- Random Processes for Communications and Signal Processing
- Theory of Probability and Statistics
- Probabilistic Methods in Computer Engineering
- Networking and Computing
- High-Performance Communication Networks
- Wireless Network Architecture
- Wireless Sensor Networks
- Reconfigurable Computing Systems
- Pervasive Computing