Useful Chemistry Sites
Societies and the like
- This is the site for the Inter-American Photochemical Society which puts on an excellent annual meeting, usually in January. It also has links to a lot of other photochemistry sites.
- Of course, we have links to the NSF and Fastlane.
- Here is the ACS. This site is for the local section of the ACS. And here is the ACS publication division.
- The Ames Lab lives right here at ISU!
Generally useful information
- Here's a spot you can use to look up IUPAC nomenclature.
- You can look up heats of formation, ionization potentials, and the like at NIST.
- Here is the Aldrich Catalog, with MSDS data.
Computational chemistry resources
- This is a standard NIST location to look up computational chemistry benchmark values
- Interested in Computational Chemistry? Here are web pages of GAMESS and Gaussian suites of quantum chemical software packages. As a point of information, it should be stated that Gaussian, Inc. has chosen to deny Iowa State University the option of buying a licence for any recent version of Gaussian.
- This is the outstanding PNNL site and their basis set database.
- Larry Curtiss has posted his Gn benchmark data.