Common Advisor Tasks
Student records in AccessPlus
- Log in to AccessPlus, select the "Faculty/Adviser" tab on the upper right, then the "Advising Services" link on the left.
- Click on the "Advisee List" link on the left. A list of your advisees will appear.
- Select the radio button for the student whose records you wish to access.
- Select the appropriate link on the left to get information about that advisee.
Finding a student's Registration Access Number
- Access an advisee's records in AccessPlus, choose the "Student Info" link on the left.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page. There you will find the RAN and the registration start date for that student.
- The student can not see the RAN number, so he or she must contact you to get this information.
Viewing a student's Degree Audit
- Access an advisee's records in AccessPlus, choose the "Degree Audit" link on the left.
- Click on the "Connect to ISU Degree Audit" button at the bottom of the page.
- Your advisee's Student ID number will appear in on a box at the page the appears. Click on the "Continue" button.
- Click the radio button next to the student's major, then the "Submit a New Audit" button at the bottom of the page.
- On the page that appears, click the "Refresh List" button. (There may be a delay, so click it again if nothing happens.) At the bottom of the page a line will appear indicating the date and time the audit was run. On that line click the "Open Audit" button. The Degree Audit will appear.
- The audit can be printed for review. Some advisors ask the student to run his/her own Degree Audit, print it, and bring it to the advising meeting.
- We no longer are printing and distributing static audits. They are much harder to read; the color coded online audits are better.
Running a Degree Audit for another major
- Use the procedure listed above, except instead of clicking the radio button next to the Genetics major, click the "What If Program" button.
- From the drop down list that appears choose the desired major, then click the "Submit a New Audit" button at the bottom of the page.
- On the next page click the "Refresh List" button, then the "Open Audit" button in the top line of the audit choices that appear at the bottom of the page.
- This process shows how the student's courses would fit into another major.
- If a student who is not your advisee is considering transferring into Genetics from another major, he or she will have to sign into AccessPlus to run the “What If” Degree Audit.
- Advisors may only run "what if" audits for majors in their own College(s). Students can run them for any major.
Making changes to a Degree Audit
Drosophila salivary gland chromosome
Information for students
Information for advisors
Course placement for new students