Assignment 4 asked each student to update and improve upon previous visualizations while providing additional views in the process.
At the beginning of the semester I chose this specific project for its diversity in design and modeling challenges. For the most part, I knew I'd spend less time fretting over excessive building forms, and more time learning practical applications that will directly aid me as I transition into the working world. Throughout the semester, workflow applications became a necessity, as multiple programs were used on each aspect of assignments 1 through 4. In the end, the project provided an appropriate amount of nuanced challenges dealing with everything from textures to landscaping. The house is of an adequate scale, so that each and every material was carefully considered to match the aesthetic of its real life counterpart.
If I were to tackle this project again from the beginning, I would spend more time collecting materials and furniture in the planning stage to match each aspect of the original. I spent too much time finessing the final product to my liking, when those elements could have been gathered earlier on in the process. Lighting is still something I need to improve on greatly, and while I feel this project was lit appropriately, I didn't learn as much as I had intended to with regards to light capacity within each space. Although, trusting the plans themselves allowed for accurate results.
In the end, the semester proved very helpful as a launching pad to build on what abstract knowledge of Revit I had already acquired. By building each space with a specific vision in mind, it was much easier to craft rooms with realistic tones. By far, these have been some of the most successful renderings I've been able to produce in Revit, and by combining previous program skills from Photoshop and Illustrator I am more easily able to accommodate visual goals from the get-go. Overall, this semester has helped me the most with digital workflow and modeling. Through a series of varied representation methods and a final bout of experience with Revit's analysis tools, I feel confident with my newfound knowledge of these practices as I move into the real world.
Below you'll find the final pieces produced within the class, and I'd like to thank you for taking the time to view my work.
A more accurate daylight render was taken from the exterior to show the home's spacious, natural environment.
Trees from the previous twilight render were altered to more accurately reflect the grove of olive trees the project sits within.
A daylight rendering of the interior was finished to illustrate the home's daylight dichotomy between public and private spaces.
The previous interior render was updated to better reflect lighting's effect on each person placed in the room.
Additionally, perspectives were taken within other inhabitable spaces of the home to display the comfortable charm each nook exudes.
A final view was taken from the exterior looking in to better demonstrate the length and openness of the lower level living space.
A one point perspective section was cut along the length of the home to help show its clear massing strategy.
Interactive 3D Model
Main | Back