So, you've managed to stumble to my homepage and want to learn something
about me that is not derivable from my resume or the rest of the homepage?
Hmm. Well, I suppose.
I am a graduate student in Electrical Engineering/Computer Engineering at ISU. I am
plan on doing work in computation electromagnetics.
I received a BSEE and a BSCPRE with math minor in May 2000. I took the networking
classes and the communications/DSP classes.
I currently work for the Scalable Computing Lab within the US Dept of Energy/Ames Lab
I am some sort of "research assistant", though I pretty much only have time to do sysadmin any more.
If I had free time or motivation, I would probably do:
- Model Railroading - I currently have a small N-scale layout in my apartment
and a rather large HO-scale layout at home.
- Reading - Generally non-fiction books
- Building electronic stuff - The latest project is a 3' tall Tesla Coil to go with the 4' tall Jacob's Ladder
- Computers - Current Machines
- Listening to Music - My current setup
- Drinking wine, eating cheese - I throw a random-number-per-year number of
wine/cheese tasting parties. I hear I am infamous for them even.
I finally moved out of the stinking hellhole that was the Dorms. I live in a
very nice apartment overlooking Howe Hall with 2 other people. We have
a 2.4 GHz 11mb wireless ethernet connection to campus that works almost 50% of