Coastal Policy MOOC (Massive Open Online Course)
This course will be offered for Free!
TENTATIVELY scheduled starting May 19 for four weeks.
Share the flier pdf. with your friends
The course will have:
- Digital video lectures and case studies by world renowned professor
- Exciting on line readings each week
- Weekly discussions by the participants in an asynchronous (posted) forum
- Short weekly quizzes for obtaining the Certificate of Completion
- You can take any part or all of this course depending on
needs and interest
Topics covered include:
- Defining the challenges of coastal areas and the world's oceans
- Major laws of relevance to coastal areas
- The impact of changing climate on coastal zones
- Tourism and coastal ecosystems
- Anthropogenic impact on the US and world coastal areas
- Overfishing as a coastal policy challenge
- Beaches: Armouring, renourishing, retreating, rebuilding
- Natural disaster policy and the coastal zones
- Human disasters and coastal sustainability
- Is Geoengineering the answer or a bigger problem?
* Tips on for-credit courses and programs you may wish to explore.
* Advice on careers and jobs related to coastal zones.
E mail Professor Schmidt for more information
No obligation. We will send you and update when we have a hard
Schmidt's Blog - Coastal
"All issues related to coastal zone management, coastal policy and politics,
and international coastal and ocean issues."
Where is this (answer below)?
Answer scroll down
Kingstown Harbor, St Vincent.