MyLabsPlus FAQ -- Math 165, Fall 2013
(1) Where do I access my MLP account?
(2) How do I log into my MLP account?
- Username is ISU Net-ID (ID before @ in email address), password is last four digits of student ID number.
(3) How do I change my initial password?
- Log into your MyLabsPlus Account. Click on “My Profile” in the upper-left corner of your MyLabsPlus account's screen. Follow instructions.
(4) How do student access codes work?
- New textbooks purchased from the bookstore should contain an MLP access code. When a student initially logs in, they will be prompted to enter their access code in order to use the MLP website. (If a new textbook comes with a MyMathLab access code, refer to the next question.)
- If a student does not get a textbook with an access code in it they have the option to purchase just an access code online.
- There is a two week grace period where students can log in without an access code starting at the beginning of the semester.
- Textbook codes last 2 years and are only for use with that specific textbook. Each textbook requires a different code.
(5) What is the difference between MyLabsPlus and MyMathLab?
- MyLabsPlus (MLP) is an extension of MyMathLab. MyLabsPlus allows the construction of coordinator courses which control the content of dependent member courses. 'MyMathLab' (MML) will refer to the aspects of MyLabsPlus that are not related to creating and structuring the coordinator and member course relationship.
(6) What is the course ID to access MyLabsPlus?
- If you ask this question it is most likely that you have logged into the old system MyMathLab. To login to MyLabsPlus you can either go to iastate.mylabsplus.com or use the "MyLabsPlus" (also known as SSO) link in Blackboard or use the "MyLabsPlus Web Link" if it is enabled in your course.
(7) What do I do when I get this error message "Customer support code:security1" ?
- The Pearson IT people have recommended that you clear your browser's cache and cookies and then restart it. Often this works for other error messages as well.
(8) When I use the "MyLabsPlus" Bridge link in Blackboard I get this error message "Error. Code: 105. Message: Unknown Login ID" . What do I do?
- In this case, Robert Perry needs to look at your account. See your instructor or TA or email <email@example.com>. Usually it means that your MyLabsPlus account name is different from your Blackboard account name and he needs to fix it.
(9) Why can't I access MyLabsPlus when I registered for your course earlier today?
- The Registrar updates the enrollment information in MyLabsPlus every 24 hours during the work week around midnight. So, it is likely that MyLabsPlus hasn't been updated yet.
(10) I've tried to access my account via iastate.mylabsplus.com using my NetID as the username and last 4 digits of my Student ID number, but I still can't login. What should I do?
- In this case, if you have cleared the cookies and cache as in (7) and the problem persists, Robert Perry <firstname.lastname@example.org> needs to access your account. Usually, it is enough to reset your password, but sometimes you may not be enrolled in MyLabsPlus as in (9).
What if I have more questions?
- Any additional questions or any student access problems can be sent to Robert Perry. He will be acting as both the MLP and the ALEKS liaison for Fall 2013. You can contact him by email at <email@example.com> or check his office at Carver 417 and/or setup an appointment.