Board of Regents Award for
Staff Excellence (due February 22, 2011)
The Regents Award for Staff Excellence was established in 1993 by the Board of Regents in cooperation with the three Regents universities. The award provides a statewide forum in which the excellence of staff members is recognized and shared with colleagues from other regent's universities. Iowa State University will select up to
five (5) staff members, with up to four (4) Professional & Scientific and up to one (1) Supervisory & Confidential selected.
Eligibility and Criteria
- All permanent Supervisory and Confidential employees are eligible for nomination.
- Nominees must have completed by July 1 of the current fiscal year, a minimum of five (5) years of employment at ISU and a minimum of three (3) years in their current supervisory or confidential classification. Employees who retired after July 1 of the current fiscal year will be eligible for this award.
- Nominees must have sustained a record of excellence during their employment. They must be an outstanding citizen in the university and in their community.
- Individuals may receive the Regents Award for Staff Excellence only once; however, they should not be precluded from consideration for other university awards during the same year or any other year.
- Nominations will remain active for two (2) years if the nominee continues to meet the above criteria.
- The Provost and Supervisory/Confidential Council will solicit nominations from the university community.
The nominations must be received no later than February 22, 2011. The Supervisory/Confidential Award Committee will forward their recommendations by April 1.
- The Supervisory/Confidential Award Committee Chair will be appointed by the S/C Council Chair. The award committee will consist of the Council's representatives to the Honors and Awards Committee and a non-council employee representative chosen from each of the confidential and supervisory classifications. Nominees for the award who are serving on the S/C Award Committee will be exempt from the selection process during the year of their nomination, and a temporary appointment will be made to fill their position.
- The Supervisory/Confidential Award Committee will review the nominations using the established criteria. Up to two (2) nominations will be forwarded to the President's Office.
- The President and the Provost will review the nominations and select up to
five (5) recipients from the Supervisory & Confidential and Professional & Scientific classifications.
The President's Office will notify the recipients of the Regents Award for Staff Excellence.
The recipients will be recognized at the 2010 University Fall Convocation.