Dr. Sugam Sharma
BE(Computer Science, Roorkee, India), MS(Computer Science, Jackson State U, MS, USA), PhD(Computer Science, Iowa State U, USA)
Email: sugamsha (at) iastate (dot) edu
- Databases (Big Data, Geospatial, SpatioTemporal, GIS Technology), Smart Home Technology(Pervasive and Ubiquitous Compting, Ambient Intelligence), and Wireless Sensor Networks
Some news & media coverage on my research:
- Founder Editor in Chief, International Journal of Spatio-Temporal Data Science(IJSTDS),Inderscience, since 2016
- Managing Editor- International Journal of Information Technology and Web Engineering (IJITWE), IGI Global
- Guest Editor- Special issue on Big Data, Int. J. of Information and Communication Technology, Inderscience, 2014
- Guest Editor- Special issue on Smart Home, Information, An International Journal, Multidisciplinary Digital Publishing Institute (MDPI), Switzerland, 2015
- Guest Editor- Special issue on Big Data, Smart Health and Health Informatics, International Journal of Telemedicine and Clinical Practices (IJTMCP), Inderscience, 2015
- Geospatial Exploratory Analysis of Exposure to Harmful Chemicals to Mitigate Autism in Susceptible Communities: A Jackson, MS Study. Porposal of $25,00,000 for 5 years, submitted (2012) to NIH with [PI (JSU) & Co-PI(ISU)]
- CyUViz (Cyclone Uncertainty Visualizer): Interactive Graphical Platform for Visualizing Uncertainty in public Health and Environmental Exposure Data . Porposal of $149,800 for 2 years, submitted (2012) to NIH with [PI (U Sunday Tim) & Co-PI(Dr Shashi K Gaida)]
- Cloud NINE, USDA, $500,000 for 3 years [Under review].
- Sink Mobility Models for Sensor Energy Conservation, ISBN: 978-3-8465-1246-3, Published in Saarbrucken, Germany, September 2011.Amazon.com
Selected Publications (All peer reviewed)
- V S Challa, J Indracanti, L D White, Sugam Sharma, J M Baham, M K Rabarison, and Y Anjaneyulu. Study of Meso-Scale Coastal Circulations in Mississippi Gulf Coast with Mesonet Observations and Modeling.Seventh Conference on Coastal Atmospheric and Oceanic Prediction and Processes, USA Sept 2007.
- V S Challa, J Indracanti, Sugam Sharma, J M Baham, C Patrick, M K Rabarison, J Young, R Hughes and A Yerramilli.Data Assimilation and Performance Evalution of WRF for Air Quality Modeling in Mississippi Gulf Coastal Region. 6th Annual CMAS Conference, Chapel Hill, NC, USA, October 1-3, 2007.
- Sugam Sharma, T Pei, and H Cohly, R Isokpehi, and N Meghanathan.To Access PubMed Database to Extract Articles Using Perl_Su. International Journal of Computer Science and Network Security (IJCSNS) 2007. [Perl_Su is requested by Stanfordalumni.org, USA for their use]
- N Meghanathan, Sugam Sharma, and G W Skelton.Use of Mobile Sinks to Disseminate Data in Wireless Sensor Networks. International Journal of Information Processing, Vol. 2, No. 2, 2008.
- Sugam Sharma, H Cohly, and T Pei.On Generation of Firewall Log Status Reporter (SRr) Using Perl. International Journal of Network Security & Its Applications, Vol. 1 No. 2, pp. 90-99, July 2009. [On the request by Information Security Forensic Investigator, SRr is delivered to Rochester Institute of Technology, USA ]
- Sugam Sharma, H Cohly, and T Pei.On Utilization and Importance of Perl Status Reporter (SRr) in Text Mining. International Journal of Computer Science and Information Security (IJCSIS), October, 2009. (Paper acceptance rate ~35%)
- Sugam Sharma, S B Goyal, and M Rani.Energy Efficient Data Dissemination with ATIM Window and Dynamic Sink in Wireless Sensor Networks. International Conference on Advances in Recent Technologies in Communication and Computing. IEEE , 2009 . (Acceptance rate 42.1%)
- Sugam Sharma, and M Rani.Three-layer Architecture Model for Energy Conservation in Wireless Sensor Networks. International Conference on Ultra Modern Telecommunications, St.-Petersburg, Russia. IEEE, 2009.(Acceptance Rate: 39%) [Publication is supported by Computer Science research division, University Malaysia Pahang, Malaysia]
- Sugam Sharma, and H Cohly. On Enhancing the Energy Conservation by ATIM window in Wireless Sensor Networks. International Workshop on Advances in Peer-to-Peer Technology. IEEE,2009. [This research is partially supported by DHS Homeland Security Career Development Grants]
- Sugam Sharma, S B Goyal, and S Qamar. Four Layer Architecture Model for Energy Conservation in Wireless Sensor Networks. 4th International Conference on Embedded and Multimedia Computing. IEEE, 2009.
- Sugam Sharma, S Gadia. On Analyzing the Degree of Coldness in Iowa, a North Central Region, United States: An XML Exploitation on Spatial Database, NC94. First International Workshop on Database Management Systems. Springer, 2010.
- Sugam S, S Gadia. On the Calculation of Coldness in Iowa, a North Central Region, United States: A Summary on XML Based Scheme on Spatial Database,NC94. International Conference on Advances in Information and Communication Technologies . Springer, 2010.
- Sugam Sharma, S Gadia. An XML-Based Range Variation Approach to Render the Coldness in Iowa, a North Central Region, United States. Second International Conference on Information Management and Engineering. IEEE, 2010.
- Sugam Sharma, S Gadia. Perl Status Reporter (SRr) on Spatio-temporal Data Mining. International Journal of Computer science and engineering Survey, 2010.
- Sugam Sharma, Gadia S, Kumar N, Narayan V and Zhao X. Climate Analysis in IOWA using XML and Spatiotemporal Dataset-NC94. International Journal of Database Management Systems. September, 2010. [Invited paper]
- N Meghanathan, Sugam Sharma, and G W Skelton. On Energy Efficient Data Disseminaiton In Wireless Sensor Networks Using Mobile Sinks. International Journal of Theoretical and Applied Information Technology, 2010.
- Sugam Sharma, H Yang, J Wong, and Carl Chang. Wrenching: Transient Migration from Commonality to Variability in Product Line Engineering of Smart Home System. 9th International Conference on Smart Homes and Health Telematics(ICOST), Montreal, Quebec, Canada. Springer, 2011.
- Sugam Sharma, S Gadia. Query and Visualization of Complex Subset of Spatiotemporal NC-94 Climate Dataset. IEEE Transactions on Knowledge and Data Engineering (to be submitted).
- Sugam Sharma, U Tim , P Smith, and S Gadia. Geo-Spatial Patterns Determination for SNAP Eligibility in Iowa. International Conference on Advances in Computing and Communication. Springer, 2011.
- Sugam Sharma,Tim U S, and Gadia S. AutoConViz: Towards Automating the Conversion & Visualization in Geographic Information System. Geo-spatial Information Science. Taylor & Francis, 2012.
- Sugam Sharma, S B Goyal, Ritu Shandilya, and D Samadhiya . Towards XML Interoperability. Second International Conference on Computer Science, Engineering and Applications. Springer, 2012.
- Shandilya Ritu, Sugam Sugam, and Qamar S. A Domain Specific Indexing Technique for Hidden Web Documents. Communications in Information Science and Management Engineering, 2012.
- Sugam Sharma, Johnny Wong, U Sunday Tim, Shashi Gadia . Bidirectional Migration between Variability and Commonality in Product Line Engineering of Smart Homes. International Journal of Systems Assurance Engineering and Management. Springer, 2012.
- Sugam Sharma, Gadia S,and Tim U S . Parametric Data Model Integration to Handle Temporal Databases in Geographic Information System.Geo-spatial Information Science. Taylor & Francis, 2013.
- Sugam Sharma. Racial Disparity in SNAP? No: A Geospatial Study for Iowa.International Journal of Indian Culture and Business Management, Inderscience, 2013.
- Sugam Sharma, U S Tim, S Gadia, and J Wong. Does SNAP Eligibility have Racial or Ethnic Gradients: A Geospatial Social Exploratory. International Journal of Information and Communication Technology, Inderscience, 2013.
- Sugam Sharma, Udoyara S Tim, Johnny Wong, Shashi Gadia, Subhash C Sharma. A Brief Review on Leading Big Data Models.Data Science Journal, 2014. Manuscript
- Sugam Sharma, Ritu Shandilya, Srikanta Patnaik, Ashok Mahapatra. Leading NoSQL Models for Handling Big Data: A Brief Review.Internaitonal Journal of Business Information Systems Inderscience 2014. Manuscript
- Udoyara Sunday Tim, and Sugam Sharma. Harnessing the Power of Big Data and Big Data Analytics in Agriculture: Opportunities and Challanges. 2014.
- Sugam Sharma, U S Tim, Shashi Gadia, Ritu Shandilya, and P Sateesh. Classification and Comparison of Leading NoSQL Big Data Models. 2014.Accepted, International Journal of Big Data Intelligence (IJBDI), Inderscience.
- Sugam Sharma, U S Tim, Shashi Gadia, and Johnny Wong.(2015).Proliferating Cloud Density through Big Data Ecosystem, Novel XCLOUDX Classification and Emergence of as-a-Service Era Download.
- Sugam Sharma. (2015). Evolution of as-a-Service Era in Cloud. Cornell University Library Download
- Sugam Sharma, U S Tim, Shashi Gadia, and Johnny Wong.(2015).Growing Cloud Density & as-a-Service Modality and OTH-Cloud Classification in IOT Era Download.
- Sugam Sharma, Gadia S,and Tim U S. SubVizCon: Subsetting through Visualization and Conversion in GIS to Assist Complex Queries on Large Spatio-Temporal Datasets.
- Sugam Sharma, Tim U S, and Gadia S . iShaper: Instant Spatial Knowledge Discovery from Spatio-Temporal Non-GIS Query Results.
- Sugam Sharma. Geovisual Utility for Big Data.
- Sugam Sharma, Tim U S, and Gadia S . Query Behavior's Swing in System Locking Achieving Genericness in Database Management System.
- Sugam Sharma, Tim U S, and Gadia S . Expanding Query Usability using System Locking Approach in Database Management System.
- Sugam Sharma,Cohly H, and et al. Automated Randomized Mobile Sensors with Body Area Network Assisting Healthcare System.
- Sugam Sharma, H Cohly,U S Tim, S Gadia, S Karakala. Association Rule Based Spatio-temporal Scheme to Regulate Exercise Patterns to Curb the Increasing Obesity in United States.
- Sugam Sharma, S Karakala, U S Tim, S Gadia. Mitigating Hasten Cognitive Declining in Obese Population: An Association Rule Based Spatio-temporal Computational Scheme.
- Sugam Sharma, U S Tim, S Gadia. Proximity of Parametric Database & GIS Communities _ An Effort to bring them together.
- Sugam Sharma. Enhancing Commonality from Variability in Product Line Engineering of Smart Homes, the Assisted Living Facility for Elderly.
- Sugam Sharma. User Interface Design For Elderly To Remotely Control Smart Homes.
- Sugam Sharma. Accommodable and Affordable Customization and Deployment of Smart Home, Intelligent Assisted Living Facility for Elderly.