Dr. Sugam Sharma
BE(Computer Science, Roorkee, India), MS(Computer Science, Jackson State U, MS, USA), PhD(Computer Science, Iowa State U, USA)
Center for Survey Statistics and Methodology (CSSM), Iowa State University, USA
Email: sugamsha (at) iastate (dot) edu
- Databases (Big Data, Geospatial, SpatioTemporal, GIS Technology), Smart Home Technology(Pervasive and Ubiquitous Compting, Ambient Intelligence), and Wireless Sensor Networks
- Geospatial Exploratory Analysis of Exposure to Harmful Chemicals to Mitigate Autism in Susceptible Communities: A Jackson, MS Study. Porposal of $25,00,000 for 5 years, submitted (2012) to NIH with [PI (JSU) & Co-PI(ISU)]
- CyUViz (Cyclone Uncertainty Visualizer): Interactive Graphical Platform for Visualizing Uncertainty in public Health and Environmental Exposure Data . Porposal of $149,800 for 2 years, submitted (2012) to NIH with [PI (U Sunday Tim) & Co-PI(Dr Shashi K Gaida)]
- Cloud NINE, USDA, $500,000 for 3 years [Under review].
- Sink Mobility Models for Sensor Energy Conservation, ISBN: 978-3-8465-1246-3, Published in Saarbrucken, Germany, September 2011.Amazon.com
Selected Publications (All peer reviewed)
- V S Challa, J Indracanti, L D White, Sugam Sharma, J M Baham, M K Rabarison, and Y Anjaneyulu. Study of Meso-Scale Coastal Circulations in Mississippi Gulf Coast with Mesonet Observations and Modeling.Seventh Conference on Coastal Atmospheric and Oceanic Prediction and Processes, USA Sept 2007.
- V S Challa, J Indracanti, Sugam Sharma, J M Baham, C Patrick, M K Rabarison, J Young, R Hughes and A Yerramilli.Data Assimilation and Performance Evalution of WRF for Air Quality Modeling in Mississippi Gulf Coastal Region. 6th Annual CMAS Conference, Chapel Hill, NC, USA, October 1-3, 2007.
- Sugam Sharma, T Pei, and H Cohly, R Isokpehi, and N Meghanathan.To Access PubMed Database to Extract Articles Using Perl_Su. International Journal of Computer Science and Network Security (IJCSNS) 2007. [Perl_Su is requested by Stanfordalumni.org, USA for their use]
- N Meghanathan, Sugam Sharma, and G W Skelton.Use of Mobile Sinks to Disseminate Data in Wireless Sensor Networks. International Journal of Information Processing, Vol. 2, No. 2, 2008.
- Sugam Sharma, H Cohly, and T Pei.On Generation of Firewall Log Status Reporter (SRr) Using Perl. International Journal of Network Security & Its Applications, Vol. 1 No. 2, pp. 90-99, July 2009. [On the request by Information Security Forensic Investigator, SRr is delivered to Rochester Institute of Technology, USA ]
- Sugam Sharma, H Cohly, and T Pei.On Utilization and Importance of Perl Status Reporter (SRr) in Text Mining. International Journal of Computer Science and Information Security (IJCSIS), October, 2009. (Paper acceptance rate ~35%)
- Sugam Sharma, S B Goyal, and M Rani.Energy Efficient Data Dissemination with ATIM Window and Dynamic Sink in Wireless Sensor Networks. International Conference on Advances in Recent Technologies in Communication and Computing. IEEE , 2009 . (Acceptance rate 42.1%)
- Sugam Sharma, and M Rani.Three-layer Architecture Model for Energy Conservation in Wireless Sensor Networks. International Conference on Ultra Modern Telecommunications, St.-Petersburg, Russia. IEEE, 2009.(Acceptance Rate: 39%) [Publication is supported by Computer Science research division, University Malaysia Pahang, Malaysia]
- Sugam Sharma, and H Cohly. On Enhancing the Energy Conservation by ATIM window in Wireless Sensor Networks. International Workshop on Advances in Peer-to-Peer Technology. IEEE,2009. [This research is partially supported by DHS Homeland Security Career Development Grants]
- Sugam Sharma, S B Goyal, and S Qamar. Four Layer Architecture Model for Energy Conservation in Wireless Sensor Networks. 4th International Conference on Embedded and Multimedia Computing. IEEE, 2009.
- Sugam Sharma, S Gadia. On Analyzing the Degree of Coldness in Iowa, a North Central Region, United States: An XML Exploitation on Spatial Database, NC94. First International Workshop on Database Management Systems. Springer, 2010.
- Sugam S, S Gadia. On the Calculation of Coldness in Iowa, a North Central Region, United States: A Summary on XML Based Scheme on Spatial Database,NC94. International Conference on Advances in Information and Communication Technologies . Springer, 2010.
- Sugam Sharma, S Gadia. An XML-Based Range Variation Approach to Render the Coldness in Iowa, a North Central Region, United States. Second International Conference on Information Management and Engineering. IEEE, 2010.
- Sugam Sharma, S Gadia. Perl Status Reporter (SRr) on Spatio-temporal Data Mining. International Journal of Computer science and engineering Survey, 2010.
- Sugam Sharma, Gadia S, Kumar N, Narayan V and Zhao X. Climate Analysis in IOWA using XML and Spatiotemporal Dataset-NC94. International Journal of Database Management Systems. September, 2010. [Invited paper]
- N Meghanathan, Sugam Sharma, and G W Skelton. On Energy Efficient Data Disseminaiton In Wireless Sensor Networks Using Mobile Sinks. International Journal of Theoretical and Applied Information Technology, 2010.
- Sugam Sharma, H Yang, J Wong, and Carl Chang. Wrenching: Transient Migration from Commonality to Variability in Product Line Engineering of Smart Home System. 9th International Conference on Smart Homes and Health Telematics(ICOST), Montreal, Quebec, Canada. Springer, 2011.
- Sugam Sharma, S Gadia. Query and Visualization of Complex Subset of Spatiotemporal NC-94 Climate Dataset. IEEE Transactions on Knowledge and Data Engineering (to be submitted).
- Sugam Sharma, U Tim , P Smith, and S Gadia. Geo-Spatial Patterns Determination for SNAP Eligibility in Iowa. International Conference on Advances in Computing and Communication. Springer, 2011.
- Sugam Sharma,Tim U S, and Gadia S. AutoConViz: Towards Automating the Conversion & Visualization in Geographic Information System. Geo-spatial Information Science. Taylor & Francis, 2012.
- Sugam Sharma, S B Goyal, Ritu Shandilya, and D Samadhiya . Towards XML Interoperability. Second International Conference on Computer Science, Engineering and Applications. Springer, 2012.
- Shandilya Ritu, Sugam Sugam, and Qamar S. A Domain Specific Indexing Technique for Hidden Web Documents. Communications in Information Science and Management Engineering, 2012.
- Sugam Sharma, Johnny Wong, U Sunday Tim, Shashi Gadia . Bidirectional Migration between Variability and Commonality in Product Line Engineering of Smart Homes. International Journal of Systems Assurance Engineering and Management. Springer, 2012.
- Sugam Sharma, Gadia S,and Tim U S . Parametric Data Model Integration to Handle Temporal Databases in Geographic Information System.Geo-spatial Information Science. Taylor & Francis, 2013.
- Sugam Sharma. Racial Disparity in SNAP? No: A Geospatial Study for Iowa.International Journal of Indian Culture and Business Management, Inderscience, 2013.
- Sugam Sharma, U S Tim, S Gadia, and J Wong. Does SNAP Eligibility have Racial or Ethnic Gradients: A Geospatial Social Exploratory. International Journal of Information and Communication Technology, Inderscience, 2013.
- Sugam Sharma, Udoyara S Tim, Johnny Wong, Shashi Gadia, Subhash C Sharma. A Brief Review on Leading Big Data Models.Data Science Journal, 2014. Manuscript
- Sugam Sharma, Ritu Shandilya, Srikanta Patnaik, Ashok Mahapatra. Leading NoSQL Models for Handling Big Data: A Brief Review.Internaitonal Journal of Business Information Systems Inderscience 2014. Manuscript
- Udoyara Sunday Tim, and Sugam Sharma. Harnessing the Power of Big Data and Big Data Analytics in Agriculture: Opportunities and Challanges. 2014.
- Sugam Sharma, U S Tim, Shashi Gadia, Ritu Shandilya, and P Sateesh. Classification and Comparison of Leading NoSQL Big Data Models. 2014.Accepted, International Journal of Big Data Intelligence (IJBDI), Inderscience.
- Sugam Sharma, U S Tim, Shashi Gadia, and Johnny Wong.(2015).Proliferating Cloud Density through Big Data Ecosystem, Novel XCLOUDX Classification and Emergence of as-a-Service Era Download.
- Sugam Sharma. (2015). Evolution of as-a-Service Era in Cloud. Cornell University Library Download
- Sugam Sharma, U S Tim, Shashi Gadia, and Johnny Wong.(2015).Growing Cloud Density & as-a-Service Modality and OTH-Cloud Classification in IOT Era Download.
- Sugam Sharma, Gadia S,and Tim U S. SubVizCon: Subsetting through Visualization and Conversion in GIS to Assist Complex Queries on Large Spatio-Temporal Datasets.
- Sugam Sharma, Tim U S, and Gadia S . iShaper: Instant Spatial Knowledge Discovery from Spatio-Temporal Non-GIS Query Results.
- Sugam Sharma. Geovisual Utility for Big Data.
- Sugam Sharma, Tim U S, and Gadia S . Query Behavior's Swing in System Locking Achieving Genericness in Database Management System.
- Sugam Sharma, Tim U S, and Gadia S . Expanding Query Usability using System Locking Approach in Database Management System.
- Sugam Sharma,Cohly H, and et al. Automated Randomized Mobile Sensors with Body Area Network Assisting Healthcare System.
- Sugam Sharma, H Cohly,U S Tim, S Gadia, S Karakala. Association Rule Based Spatio-temporal Scheme to Regulate Exercise Patterns to Curb the Increasing Obesity in United States.
- Sugam Sharma, S Karakala, U S Tim, S Gadia. Mitigating Hasten Cognitive Declining in Obese Population: An Association Rule Based Spatio-temporal Computational Scheme.
- Sugam Sharma, U S Tim, S Gadia. Proximity of Parametric Database & GIS Communities _ An Effort to bring them together.
- Sugam Sharma. Enhancing Commonality from Variability in Product Line Engineering of Smart Homes, the Assisted Living Facility for Elderly.
- Sugam Sharma. User Interface Design For Elderly To Remotely Control Smart Homes.
- Sugam Sharma. Accommodable and Affordable Customization and Deployment of Smart Home, Intelligent Assisted Living Facility for Elderly.