Engineering Mechanics 274
By the end of this course, you should be able to . . .
- Determine the components of a force in rectangular or nonrectangular coordinates.
- Determine the resultant of a system of forces.
- Draw complete and correct free-body diagrams and write the appropriate equilibrium equations from the free-body diagram.
- Determine the support reactions on a structure.
- Determine the connection forces in trusses and in general frame structures.
- Determine the internal reactions in a beam, draw correct shear-force and bending moment diagrams, and write equations for the shear-force and bending moment as functions of position along the beam.
- Analyze systems that include frictional forces.
- Locate the centroid of an area.
- Calculate the second moment of an area, calculate the principal second moments of an area.