As part of my scholarship, I have a strong commitment to teaching fundamental and applied courses in environmental engineering and science in general, and biological processes in particular to undergraduate and graduate levels. At The Hong Kong University of Science and Technology (HKUST), I was a graduate Teaching Assistant (TA) for four semesters where I received an opportunity to teach and conduct tutorials. I taught the following environmental engineering courses to undergraduate and graduate students at HKUST:
CIVL 141: Environmental Engineering and Management
CIVL 151: Fluid Mechanics
CIVL 242: Water and Wastewater Engineering
CIVL 542: Biological Waste Treatment
CIVL 547: Industrial Wastewater Treatment
I also developed and taught a complete course on Anaerobic Waste Treatment to graduate students as a substitute instructor. At Iowa State University, I co-taught the course CE 326: Principles of Environmental Engineering with Dr. Shihwu Sung.
Examples of courses that I would like to develop and teach are: Fundamentals of Environmental Engineering; Organic Waste Recycling; Design of Unit Processes and Operations; Fundamentals of Bioprocess for Waste/Wastewater Treatment; Water Treatment; Wastewater Treatment; Hydraulics in Environmental Engineering; Membrane Technology for Water and Wastewater Treatment; Chemistry for Environmental Engineers; Anaerobic Biotechnology; Microbiology for Environmental Engineers; Industrial Pollution Control; Water and Wastewater Engineering; Environmental Biotechnology; Environmental Management; Microbial Processes for Pollution Control; Environmental Engineering Laboratory; Water Reuse; Environmental Seminar.
· U.S. Classroom for International Faculty, Iowa State University, Ames, Iowa, Jan., 2004.
· Preparing Future Faculty (PFF), Iowa State University, Ames, Iowa, Dec. 2002 to Dec. 2003.
· Laboratory Safety Training, Iowa State University, Ames, Iowa, May 30, 2002.
· Hazardous Waste Management, Safety and Environmental Protection Office, The Hong Kong University of
Science and Technology, Hong Kong, Oct. 27, 1998.
· Teaching Assistant Training, The Hong Kong University of Science and Technology, Hong Kong, Jan. 22 -Feb. 3, 1998.
HERE for my additional scholarships