Work on Methods and Materials
- Vann, R. and Fairbairn, S. (2003). Linking our worlds: A
collaborative academic literacy project. TESOL Journal 12, 3
(special issue on literacy), 11-16.
- Fairbairn, S. and Vann, R. Linking our Worlds: A School and
University Collaboration. Mid-TESOL Presentation, Ames, IA, October 26, 2002.
- Vann, R. and Myers, C. (2001). Capitalizing on Contacts, Collaboration,
and Disciplinary Communities: Academic ESL Options in a Large
Research University in Case Studies in TESOL Practice
series on Academic Writing Programs (Ilona Leki, ed.)
- Myers, C. and R. Vann, Contacts, collaboration, and
disciplinary communities in EAP. Paper presented at the
International Convention of TESOL in St. Louis, March 1, 2001.
- Vann, R.
(1998). Transforming Texts Through Graphic Responses, In
Understanding Learning Styles in the Second Language Classroom,
J. Reid, (ed.) Prentice Hall Regents, p. 116-123.
- Schmidt, H.H., and R. Vann. (1993). Assessing Reading Strategies
Through Note-taking. In New Ways in Teaching Reading, R.
Day (ed.) Washington, D.C.: Teachers of English to Speakers of Other
Languages, Inc. (TESOL), 177-183.
- Vann, R. J. and V. Hefley. (1984). Viewpoints U.S.A.: A Basic
ESL Reader, New York, Heinle & Heinle (orig. Harper and Row ),