Publications and Selected Presentations on Learner Styles and
- Vann, R., J. Call, M. Cheng, P. Ramburuth, J. Reid, E. Violand.
1998. Asian learning style preferences and classroom implications.
Colloquium presented at TESOL, Seattle, WA, March.
- Abraham, R. and R. Vann. 1996. Introduction: Validity Issues in the
Assessment of L2 Learner Strategies, Applied Language Learning 7
- Abraham, R. and R. Vann. 1996. Using Task Products to Assess Second
Language Learning Processes. Applied Language Learning, 7, 1-2,
- Vann, R. and H. Schmidt. 1993. Using student notes to assess reading
strategies. TESOL, Atlanta, GA, April.
- Schmidt, H. and R. Vann. 1992. Classroom format and student reading
strategies: A case study. Paper presented at TESOL, Vancouver, B.C.,
- Abraham, R. and R. Vann, 1990. Assessing Learners' Strategies,
Plenary lecture given at Defense Language Institute, Monterey, CA, August
- Vann, R. J. and R. Abraham. 1990. Strategies of Unsuccessful
Language Learners, TESOL Quarterly, 24: 2, 177-98.
(Nominated for TESOL/Newbury House Distinguished Research Award).
- Abraham, R. and R. Vann. 1987. Strategies of Two Language
Learners: A Case Study. In Anita Wenden & Joan Rubin (eds.)
Learner Strategies: Implications for the Second Language Teacher
and Researcher, Englewood Cliffs, NJ: Prentice Hall, 85-102.
(Book received the Mildenberger Prize presented to the outstanding
research publication in foreign languages and literatures for 1987).