Papers on Discourse Analysis and Sociolinguistics
- Ewald, H. and Vann, R. (2003). You're a Guaranteed Winner:
Composing You in a Consumer Culture. The Journal of Business
Communication 40, 2, 98-117.
- Vann, R. and Ewald, H. (2003). Constructing deception: Reader
writer identities in junk mail. Paper presented at AAAL Conference in
Washington, D.C, March 23, 2003.
- Vann, R. Narratives of happy and unhappy Iowa couples. Paper
presented at American Association of Applied Linguistics (AAAL), Chicago,
Ill, March 1996.
- Vann, R., F. Lorenz, and D. Meyer. 1991. Error Gravity: Faculty
Response to Errors in the Written Discourse of non-native speakers of
English. Assessing ESL Academic Writing, L. Hamp-Lyons
(ed.), Norwood, New Jersey: ABLEX, 181-195.
- Vann, R. J., D. Meyer, and F. O. Lorenz. 1984. Error Gravity: A
Study of Faculty Opinion ESL Errors, TESOL Quarterly, Vol.
- Kroll, B. and R. Vann. (eds.) 1981. Connections and
Contrasts: Exploring Speaking and Writing Relationships, Urbana,
Illinois: National Council of Teachers of English (NCTE), (236 pages).
- Vann, R. 1981. Bridging the Gap Between Oral and Written
Communications in EFL, in B. Kroll and R. Vann (eds.) Connections
and Contrasts: Exploring Speaking and Writing Relationships,
Urbana, Illinois: National Council of Teachers of English, 154-67.
- Vann, R. 1979. Oral and Written Syntactic Relationships in Second
Languge Learning. In C. Yorio, K. Perkins, and J. Schachter (eds.)
On TESOL '79: The Learner in Focus, Washington, D.C.: TESOL,
- Vann, R. J. 1978. Bilingual Education Today: The Unresolved
Issues, Language Arts, 55(2). 150-153.