- Attended NSF Synthesis Coalition workshop at Southern
University, April 1994.
- Multidisciplinary Synthesis Option Coordinator for
- Metaproject leader for NSF Coalition.
- Attended Assessment Conference sponsored by NSF for
NSF Coalition, October 1993.
- Attended NSF workshop at Berkeley, October 1993.
- Collaborator on two NSF curriculum projects, Spatial
Visualization and Integrated Design Experience.
- Attended Engineering Design Workshop, ASEE Annual
Meeting, New Orleans, June 1991.
- Attended Annual Mid-Year Meeting of the Engineering
Design Graphics Division of ASEE, Norfolk, Virginia, November 1991.
- Attended NSF Coalition Curriculum Chairs meetings at
Stanford, Palo Alto, California, May 1990; Chicago, Illinois, October 1990;
and Chicago, Illinois, October 1991, to plan Coalition Curriculum activities.
- Coordinator and author of Engineering Fundamentals
and Multidisciplinary Design Strategic Plan, August 1990.
- Member of a Freshman Engineering team that prepared
a NSF proposal entitled "A Freshman Design Initiative: An Initial Step in the
Revitalization of Engineering Design." October 1990.
- Visited Boeing Co. and NASA Marshall Space Flight
Center to discuss modern design methods, Huntsville, Alabama, November 1989.
- Faculty monitor for senior EE/CprE capstone design
team working on robotics project, 1989-90.
- Participated in NSF sponsored workshop on "Creative
and Structured Design Methods," Lincoln, Nebraska, June 24-25, 1989.
- Visited the University of Michigan's workstation
computing facility in the College of Engi neering to gather information on
the management of an educational workstation network, 1988.
- Attended Third International Conference on
Engineering Graphics and Descriptive Geometry, Vienna, Austria, July 1988
- Attended Mechanical Engineering experimental course
(1987) to enhance problem solving skills by the application of numerical
methods and computer graphics to mechanical systems.
- Member of the USA Coordinating Committee for the
Third International Conference on Descriptive Geometry and Engineering
Graphics held in Vienna, Austria, July 1988.
- Member of an ad hoc committee investigating the
feasibility of an interdisciplinary capstone design effort in the College of
- Coordinator of the workstation subgroup within the
Engineering Computing and Informa tion Laboratory (ECIL). Responsible for the
College of Engineering activity in configuring a network of workstations for
the College of Engineering/University (1987-present).
- Developed a sophomore-level course beginning in the
spring semester of 1987. The course introduced modeling and analysis of
geometry for engineering design purposes. Computer-aided-design techniques
and computer graphics are used extensively. The course is the first of its
kind aimed at introducing modern techniques for the design of two and three
dimensional geometries to the engineering student just beginning the study of
- Attended North Midwest Section Annual Meeting of ASEE
in 1983 (paper presented), 1987 (paper presented).
- Attended Midyear Meeting of the Engineering Design
Graphics Division (EDGD) of ASEE in 1983 (paper presented), 1984 (paper
presented), 1985 (paper presented), 1986, 1987 (paper presented), 1989.
- Attended American Association for Engineering
Education (ASEE) Annual Meeting in 1984, 1985 (paper presented), 1986 (paper
presented), 1987, 1988 (paper presented), 1989, 1990, 1991 (paper presented).
Return to the main page.