Stat 505 - Environmental Statistics - Data sets
- Part I: below detection limit observations
- zinc.txt Zinc (Zn) data set. values
of 7 are less-than-dl values with dl=7. cens is TRUE/FALSE with
TRUE indicating censored
- heron.txt Blood lead (Pb) in herons/ Two
variables: Pb concentration (ug/g) in blood, Censoring flag: TRUE if
value is < dl.
- Atra.csv Atrazine in Nebraska wells. Four
columns: June, JuneCen: value and censoring flag for June measurement. Sept
and SeptCen: value and censoring flag for September measurement.
- AgMercury.txt Mercury in 42 fish
collected in agricultural watersheds. 2 variables, Hg: mercury
concentrations (ug/g wet weight of fish), Cens: TRUE if censored
- UrbanMercury.txt Mercury in
34 fish collected in urban watersheds. Same variables as AgMercury.txt
- oahu.txt Arsenic (As) in Oahu urban stream
- Part II: Toxicology
- minnow.txt Death of minnows
exposed to floranthene. Columns are the concentration, the number
dying, and the number exposed.
- deguelin.txt Death of
Chrysanthemum aphids exposed to deguelin. Columns are the dose of
deguelin, the log10 dose, the number dead, and the number exposed.
- chlorpyrifos.txt Death in Amphiascus, a harpacticoid copepod, exposed to the pesticide chlorpyrifos. Each
row is a beaker; variables are the stage (N: nauplii, or A: adult),
the dose, the number of live individuals, and the number of individuals in the
beaker at the start of the trial.
Note: Count is the number of live individuals (backwards from
usual). Dead is n - count.
- Part III: Trends
Sequence of annual rainfall from 1849 to 1987, 10 values per line.
- temp.txt Sea surface temperature in
Northern Hemisphere oceans. Five columns: year, Winter temp, Spring
temp, Summer temp, Fall temp. All temperatures are reported as
'temperature anomalies', i.e. the deviation from a 30 year average
- SkaggittNH3.txt Ammonia concentrations,
reported as mg/l N, in a small river in Skaggitt County Washington.
Columns are the date, the recorded value, a censoring flag (U =
below dl) and the country (always Skaggitt). Values are separated
- Part IV: Regulatory issues
- ujelang.txt Dietary dose of
radionuclides (Bg / day) for 34 women consuming a traditional
Marshall Islands diet. Food consumption from women on Ujelang
Atoll. Dietary radionuclide data from Rongelap atoll.
- remediate.txt Average height
growth of aspen trees on 15 plots on remediated mine spoils. For HW 4.
- airlead4.txt Log transformed
airborne lead concentrations measured in downtown Baltimore MD. For HW 4.