Stat 500 - Fall 2009 - Dr. Philip Dixon
- Last update: 27 Dec 2009
- 27 Dec: These web pages will stay in place, but not be updated,
until at least 15 Aug 2010. They are likely to be deactivated when
Stat 500 is offered (non-distance) in Fall 2010.
- 16 Dec: Posted video files from review session on 15 Dec. The
link is a
directory with links to two files: a .avi movie (ca 180Mb) and a
flash file (smaller). The flash is a streaming file; you can fast
forward in the .avi file. These are not as high quality as the
recordings made in 205 Carver.
- 15 Dec: Questions and answers for midterms I and II are
re-posted. See bottom of this web page.
- 15 Dec: I have revised the formula sheet to include formulae
for the variance of estimated means. (I was asked by many
folks for the s.e. formulae, which is why I included this material.
The variances avoid lots of square-root signs). One consequence is
that material on the formula sheet is reorganized. The new formula
sheet is here.
- Material primarily for off campus students
Data sets and programs
- Supplemental resources:
- Philip Dixon's 2007 exams
1) These are provided so you can see the sorts of questions I ask and
the typical length of an exam. These are not meant to be practice
exams. The .pdf files do not include graphs or pictures of the
2) Solutions are not posted. Again, these are not meant to be practice exams.
- Philip Dixon's 2009 midterms and answers
Back to Home page for