Data sets that have been discussed in class or are used in homework
- Week 1:
- Tomato fertilizer data used in lab,
Jan 13. Each row is a
data for a single plant. Variables are fertilizer (a: standard, b:
improved), and yield (lbs).
- Week 2:
- Week 3:
- case0202.txt Schizophreniza case study (Chapter 2, number 2) data
- fishprice.txt Fish prices in 1970 and 1980, for lab 3 self assessment.
- GFCLOCKS.txt Grandfather clock auction price data, for JMP explanation.
- PAIREDSCORES.txt Paired scores data, for JMP explanation.
- traffic.txt Speed limit and traffic fatality data, for HW 3.
- ex0218.txt Full Galapagos finch data set, for HW 3.
- Week 4:
- hamburger.csv Hamburger microbial count data, for lab 4.
cross/self fertilization data In the Darwin data, each row of the data set represents a pair of plants.
The second is the height (in inches) of the cross-fertilized plant. The
third is the height of the self-fertilized plant.
- Exercise and walking data First column is the age when the infant first walked. The second is
the treatment (ACTIVE or NONE) they received.
- Week 5:
- patty.txt Bacterial count data with three plate
counts per patty (eu), for lab
- bee.txt Bee data for HW 5.
First column is proportion of pollen removed, 2nd column is
duration of visit (in seconds) and 3nd column is type of bee:
1 = bumblebee queen, 2 = honeybee workers.
- burn.csv Prairie burn data for HW 5. First column
is the treatment (burn or not), the second column is the watershed identifier,
and the third is the percent of shrub cover in that 10m x 10m plot.
- Week 6:
- cork.txt Cork thickness, as paired observations
- cork2.txt Cork thickness, as two samples
- Week 8:
- Tyrannosaurus data Oxygen
isotope data on bones from a single T. rex for problem 5:23. Column 1 is the oxygen
isotope value; column 2 is the bone number.
- dietstudy.csvWeight loss after 24 months
on three diets. Column 1 is the subject number, 2 is the treatment, 3 is the weight loss
- lettuce.csv Lettuce yield
response to fertilizer. Data are the fertilize applied to the plot
and the number of heads of lettuce harvested from the plot.
- Week 9:
- meat.txt Meat pH data (case study 6.2),
Used as lecture example.
- Peanut aflatoxin data Peanut and aflatoxin concentration data. The first column is the
percent clean peanuts. The second is the aflatoxin concentration
- music.txt Music / brain activity data
First column is the number of years the subject has played a
string instrument. The second is the neuronal activity index, a
measure of brain activity
- fa2.csv Fatty acid data, raw data
- faP.csv Fatty acid data, p-values
- Week 10:
Wine consumption and heart attack mortality data for HW 9
Columns are the name of the country, the wine consumption (liters per
person per year), and the heart disease mortality.
- planet.txt Planet data for HW 9.
Problem 7:15/19. Three columns: planet name,
order from sun, and distance from sun.
Number of butterfly species found in patches
of Brazilian rain forest for HW 9. Two columns: area of the patch, number of
butterfly species found on it.
- Week 11: