Edwin Lewis, Provost Office, (515) 294-5884
Jennifer Henrich, News Service, (515) 294-6881
ISU OFFERS ON-CAMPUS ACCELERATED NIGHT COURSES
AMES, Iowa -- Iowa State University will offer eight on- campus accelerated evening courses during the 1997 spring semester.
The accelerated courses will start the week of Feb. 10 and end no later than the week of April 21. They will be taught at ISU. The courses are:
Early registration for spring 1997 on-campus accelerated evening courses ends Friday, Jan. 10. Space is limited. To register for any of the courses, call (515) 294-1889 weekdays between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m.
- Business Communication (English 302)
- Technical Communication (English 314)
- American Literature: 1945 to the Present (English 364)
- Death as a Part of Living (Human Development and Family Studies 373)
- Principles of Marketing (Marketing 340)
- State and Local Governments (Political Science 310)
- Sex and Gender in Society (Sociology 327/Women's Studies 327)
- The Holocaust (University Studies 301A)
All on-campus accelerated evening courses offered spring semester apply toward the Bachelor of Liberal Studies degree. The BLS degree provides students an opportunity to earn a general studies degree in liberal arts by attending only evening classes and without having to enroll in full-time study on campus. The degree offers a flexible curriculum and can be tailored toward a new career, career advancement or graduate school preparation.
"We are pleased to offer a flexible program of courses to meet the needs of adults with a wide range of other responsibilities and an interest in continuing or starting their education,'" said Edwin Lewis, associate provost at ISU.
In addition to on-campus courses, the university offers BLS degree candidates evening ISU courses on the Des Moines Area Community College campus in Ankeny and over the Iowa Communications Network.
For more information on the BLS degree program at ISU, call (800) 262-0015 or (515) 294-4831.