Steve Sullivan, News Service, (515) 294-3720
EXTENSION PERSONNEL TAKE ROAD SCHOLARS TOUR TO ISU
AMES, Iowa -- Extension personnel from 20 counties will visit the Iowa State University campus April 6-8 as part of the university's Road Scholars program.
Road Scholars traditionally involves groups of new Iowa State faculty and staff touring an area of the state with President Martin Jischke or other university officials. This time, however, Road Scholars will bring new extension county directors, field specialists and media specialists to campus to meet with faculty and staff in Iowa State colleges and research centers.
The schedule for the extension visit to campus is below.
Thursday, April 6
- 7-8 p.m. Reception hosted Rollin Richmond, provost, and Stanley Johnson, vice provost for extension, Memorial Union, Room 230
Friday, April 7
- 7:30-8:45 a.m. Breakfast and tour Livestock Infection Disease Isolation Facility, College of Veterinary Medicine
- 9-10:15 a.m. Tour 3 M Lab, ISU Research Park
- 10:30-11:45 a.m. Tour Howe Hall and Center for Industrial Research and Service
- Noon1:15 p.m. Lunch at Tea Room and tour of Palmer Building
- 1:30-2:30 p.m. Tour of Octopus, 18-node parallel computer cluster, Molecular Biology
- 2:45-3:45 p.m. Tour Swine Center
- 4-5 p.m. Visit Department of Health and Human Performance, Forker Building
- 5:156 p.m. Visit Cyber Cafe and tour design auditorium, College of Design
Saturday, April 8
- 8-9:15 a.m. Breakfast and tour Biomass Energy Conversion Facility,
- 9:30-10:30 a.m. Visit Parks Library
- 10:4511:30 a.m. Tour Student Health Services
- 11:30-Noon Tour Hawthorn Court unit
- 12:15-1:30 p.m. Lunch and tour of Maple Hall
- 1:45-2:30 p.m. Tour Alumni Hall and attend presentation on enrollment services and recruitment