Benjamin Allen, College of Business, (515) 294-2422
Mary Harms, College of Business, (515) 294-5800
Kevin Brown, News Service, (515) 294-8986
ISUS COLLEGE OF BUSINESS NAMES
DEANS ADVISORY COUNCIL AWARD WINNERS
AMES, Iowa Iowa State Universitys College of Business faculty and staff are recipients of the Deans Advisory Council Awards.
"Every year, the nominees for the College of Business faculty and staff awards are outstanding," said Dean Benjamin Allen. "This year, it was extremely difficult to select the award winners because of the overall quality of the nominees. The College of Business is fortunate to have such a dedicated and talented staff and faculty."
The awards and their winners are:
- Howard Van Auken, professor of management: The Business Impact Award for his leadership and work on the second Iowa Small Business & Entrepreneurship Symposium in 1999.
- Kathy Larson and Kathy Brogden, both secretaries in the Pappajohn Center for Entrepreneurship/ISU Small Business Development Center office: Merit Superior Service Award for teamwork, diplomacy and organizational skills.
- Diann Burright, academic advisor, undergraduate student services: P&S Superior Service Award for professionalism and exceptional contributions to the College of Business.
- Gary Koppenhaver, associate professor of finance: Innovation in Teaching Award for his creativity, innovation and special accomplishments in teaching.
- Anne Clem, assistant professor in accounting: Undergraduate Teaching Award for outstanding undergraduate teaching during the past two years.
- Russell Laczniak, associate professor of marketing, and Susan Ravenscroft, associate professor of accounting: Jointly awarded the Research Award for the impact both have made on business research during a two-year period.
- Brad Shrader, professor of management: Graduate Teaching Award for outstanding graduate teaching during the past two years. Shrader is the first to receive this award.
For more information, contact Mary Harms, College of Business, at (515) 294-5800.