- Numerical Simulation of Compressible Multiphase Flows: Interface capturing method for (high-order) central schemes with localized artificial diffusivity (LAD).
- (IN PROGRESS) Mohamad Aslani, Jonathan D. Regele, "Toward simulation of compressible multiphase flows using energy preserving central schemes".(ABSTRACT)
- Regele, Jonathan D., Daniel P. Garrick, Zahra Hosseinzadeh-Nik, Mohamad Aslani, and Mark Owkes. "A compressible multiphase framework for simulating supersonic atomization." Bulletin of the American Physical Society 61 (2016). (PDF, APS DFD)
- Jonathan D. Regelea, Zahra Hosseinzadeh-Nik, Mohamad Aslani, Mark Owkes (2016). Numerical simulation of a shock wave impacting a droplet using the adaptive waveletcollocation method
Conference: ILASS-AMERICAS 2016 (PDF, ILASS 2016)
- Mohamad Aslani, and Jonathan Regele. "Numerical simulation of compressible multiphase flows using the Parallel Adaptive Wavelet-Collocation Method." In APS Division of Fluid Dynamics Meeting Abstracts. 2015. (PDF, APS DFD)
- High Speed Combustion:
Flame interaction with compression waves and detonation
- (IN PROGRESS) Mohamad Aslani, Jonathan D. Regele, "Compression wave interaction with laminar burning medium".(ABSTRACT)
- Regele, Jonathan D., David R. Kassoy, Mohamad Aslani, and Oleg V. Vasilyev. "Evolution of detonation formation initiated by a spatially distributed, transient energy source." Journal of Fluid Mechanics 802 (2016): 305-332. (PDF, JFM)
- Mohamad Aslani, Jonathan D. Regele. Finite Amplitude Disturbances Interaction with Premixed Laminar Flames, 25th ICDERS (PDF, APS DFD)
- Mohamad Aslani, and Jonathan D. Regele. "Finite amplitude wave interaction with premixed laminar flames." Bulletin of the American Physical Society 59 (2014). (PDF, APS DFD)
- Evolutionary Optimization Algorithm:
Design and testing heuristic optimization algorithms
- (IN PROGRESS) Mohamad Aslani, "Large Scale optimization problems subjec to modest amount of noise".(ABSTRACT)
- (IN PROGRESS) Mohamad Aslani, Amirhossein Gandomi, Parnian Ghasemi "Truss weight minimization using mean variance mapping optimization algorithm".(ABSTRACT)
- Mohamad Aslani, Reza Najian Asl, and Masoud Shariat Panahi. "Sizing Optimization of Truss Structures using a Hybridized Genetic Algorithm." arXiv preprint arXiv:1306.1454 (2013). (PDF, arXiv)
- Rahami, H., A. Kaveh, Mohamad Aslani, and R. Najian Asl. "A hybrid modified genetic-nelder mead simplex algorithm for large-scale truss optimization." International Journal of Optimization in Civil Engineering 1, no. 1 (2011): 29-46. (PDF, IJOC)
- Mohamad Aslani, R. Najian, R. Oftadeh, and M. Shariat Panahi. "A novel hybrid simplex-genetic algorithm for the optimum design of truss structures." In Proceedings of the world congress on engineering, vol. 2. 2010. (PDF, Lecture notes)
- Heat Transfer and Cooling:
Heat tranfer analysis/enhancement in devices using computational methods
- (IN PROGRESS) Mohamad Aslani, Ehsan Mirzakhalili, Shima Alizadeh "Heat transfer augmentation in microchannel using MVMO algorithm ".(ABSTRACT)
- Nejat, A., Mohamad Aslani, E. Mirzakhalili, and R. Najian Asl. "Heat Transfer Enhancement in Ventilated Brake Disk Using Double Airfoil Vanes." Journal of Thermal Science and Engineering Applications 3, no. 4 (2011): 045001. (PDF, ASME)
- Nejat, A., E. Mirzakhalili, Mohamad Aslani, and R. Najian Asl. "HEAT TRANSFER ENHANCEMENT IN VENTILATED BRAKE DISC USING AIRFOIL VANES". (PDF, CANCAM)
Full publication list
Teaching and Mentoring Experience
- Instructor, mentor, and teaching assistant:
- Iowa State University: EM 274 (Engineering Statics), EM 324 (Engineering Mechanics), EM 325 (Dynamics), AER 411 Advanced Vehicle Propulsion
- Iowa State University: EM SUCCESS Center mentor
- University of Tehran: Engineering Optimization (2 semesters), Advanced Engineering Mathematics (4 semesters)
- Scholarship Award, Iowa State University, Department of Aerspace Engineering, 2013-17.
- Scholarship Award, Iowa State University, Department of Mechanical Engineering, 2011-13.
- Scholarship Award, University of Tehran, Department of Mechanical Engineering, 2006-11.
- Research Excellence Award, Iowa State University, May 2016.
- Mazda (Bahman), Tehran, Iran
- Research and Developement Section: Design and manufacturing of brake system for a pure electric car
- Design/Manufacturing of a pure electric car
- Saipa Diesel, Tehran, Iran
- Metalurgy Lab staff: Performing lab tests on steel and aluminium alloys