Office: 438 Carver Hall
2008-now: Ph. D in Applied Mathematics, Iowa State University
Advisor: Hailiang Liu
2004-2008: B.S. in Computational Mathematics, Nankai University, China
Curriculum Vitae (Updated 05-10-2013)
• The Lambert Research Award in Applied Mathematics, Fall 2012
• The Lambert Research Fellowship, Spring 2012
• Spring 2013: Recitations
• Fall 2012: Recitations
• Summer 2012: Math151 Section C
• Fall 2011: Recitations
Math 141/142 Instructor: Richard Kramer
• Numerical solutions of the Fokker-Planck equations for polymers using
(1) Entropy satisfying methods,
(2) Discontinuous Galerkin finite element methods.
• Numerical solutions of evolutionary dispersal models.
Ø The entropy satisfying discontinuous Galerkin method for Fokker-Planck equations with applications to the finitely extensible nonlinear elastic dumbbell model. Hailiang Liu and H. Yu. Submitted to SIAM in November 2012.
Ø An entropy satisfying conservative method for the Fokker-Planck equation of the finitely extensible nonlinear elastic dumbbell model. Hailiang Liu and H. Yu. SIAM J. Numer. Anal., 50(3), 1207-1239.
Ø Entropy/energy stable schemes for evolutionary dispersal models. Hailiang Liu and H. Yu. Submitted to SIAM in April 2012.