Li, Yang aka. Young
( regular script: ,
small seal script: )
Office: A522 Zaffarano
- 2010 - present, Graduate Student in Physics, Iowa State University, ISU, Ames, Iowa, US.
- 2006 - 2010, B.S. in Physics, University of Science & Technology of China, USTC, Hefei, China
- 2003 - 2006, No. 2 Middle School , Shijiazhuang , Hebei , China
Social Media: (Twitter, Weibo, Wechat)
Theoretical Nuclear Physics (Non-Perturbative Quantum Field Theory, Hadron Physics),
Ph.D. Advisor: Prof. James P. Vary
Yang Li, V. A. Karmanov, P. Maris, J. P. Vary, Ab Initio Approach to the Non-Perturbative Scalar Yukawa Model,
Phys. Lett. B 748, 278-283 (2015); [arXiv:1504.05233 [nucl-th]]
Paul Wiecki, Yang Li, Xingbo Zhao, Pieter Maris, James P. Vary, Basis light-front quantization approach to positronium,
Phys. Rev. D 91, 105009 (2015); [arXiv:1404.6234 [nucl-th]]
- Shengjun Wu, Yang Li, Weak Measurement beyond the Aharonov-Albert-Vaidman formalism, Phys. Rev. A 83, 052106 (2011); [arXiv:1010.1155 [quant-ph]]
Yang Li, V. A. Karmanov, Pieter Maris and James P. Vary,
Non-Perturbative Calculation of the Scalar Yukawa Theory in Four-Body Truncation,
published online in Few-Body Syst. 56, 495 (2015); [arXiv:1411.1707 [nucl-th]]; (Presented at LightCone2014, Raleigh, North Carolina)
Paul Wiecki, Yang Li, Xingbo Zhao, Pieter Maris, James P. Vary, Non-perturbative Calculation of the Positronium Mass Spectrum in Basis Light-Front Quantization, Few-Body Syst. 56, 489 (2015); [arXiv:1502.02993 [nucl-th]]
Yang Li, Paul W. Wiecki, Xingbo Zhao, Pieter Maris, James P. Vary, Introduction to Basis Light-Front Quantization Approach to QCD Bound State Problems, Proceedings of International Conference "Nuclear Theory in the Supercomputing Era - 2013" (NTSE-2013), Ames, IA, USA, May 13-17, 2013. Eds. A. M. Shirokov and A. I. Mazur. Pacific National University, Khabarovsk, Russia, 2014, p. 136; [arXiv:1311.2980 [nucl-th]]
P. W. Wiecki, Yang Li, X. Zhao, P. Maris and J. P. Vary, Positronium in Basis Light-Front Quantization, in Proc. Int. Conf. Nucl. Theor. Supercomputing
Era (NTSE-2013), Ames, IA, USA, May 13-17, 2013, edited by A. M. Shirokov and A. I. Mazur. Pacific
National University, Khabarovsk, 2014, p. 146; [arXiv:1311.2908 [nucl-th]]
Pieter Maris, Paul Wiecki, Yang Li, Xingbo Zhao and James P. Vary, Bound state calculations in QED and QCD using Basis Light-Front Quantization,
Acta Phys. Polon. Supp., 6, p. 321 (2013)
Introduction to Basis Light Front Quantization Approach to QCD Bound State Problem.
Invited Talk at International Conference on Nuclear Theory in the Supercomputing Era (NTSE-2013), May 13-17, 2013, Ames, Iowa
Non-Perturbative Calculation of Scalar Yukawa Theory in Light-Front Dynamics. Invited Talk at Light Cone 2014 (LC2014), May 26-30, 2014, Raleigh, North Carolina.
Scalar Yukawa Model on the Light Front: ab initio approach to quantum field theory.
Contributed Talk at APS April meeting 2015, Apr. 11-14, Baltimore, Maryland.
- 2011 - 2014: Midwest Theory Get-Together (MWTGT), XXIV - XXVII, Argonne National Lab, IL
- McCartor Fellowship Awards (2014)
- Currently mentoring two second-year graduate students on Light-Front Quantum Field Theory, 2015 Summer - present
- PHYS 681&682 Quantum Field Theory I&II, as substitute lecturer for about 2 weeks, 2012F-2013S
- PHYS 222 Introduction to Classical Physics I, section 25 & 36, as recitation TA, 2012F
- PHYS 112 General Physics, section 15, as recitation TA, 2011F
- PHYS 321 Introduction to Modern Physics I, as grader, 2011F
- PHYS 221 Lab Introduction to Classical Physics I, Section M DD K E & Y, as lab instructor, 2011S
- PHYS 112 Lab General Physics, Section F & G, as lab instructor, 2010F
- PHYS 101 Physics for the Nonscientist, as grader, 2010F
- XXV National Nuclear Physics Summer School (NNPSS 2013), Stony Brook University, Long Island, New York (July 15 - 26, 2013)
- Specialty: numerical methods, high performance computing, computational physics
- Proficient: C/C++, Fortran, MPI, OpenMP, Java
- Familiar: Python, HTML, Shell Script, Assembly Language
- Computational Tools: Mathematica, Arpack, Lapack, ScaLapack
- OS & Softwares: GNU/Linux (+OS X), Windows, VIM
is a Mathematica package to compute the number of SU(3) color singlets from the number of quarks, anti-quarks and gluons.
It is based on Young tableau.
is a Mathematica package that defines the gamma matrices and spinors used in light-front dynamics. See my notes,
Spinors on the light front for details.