[List of Societies]
What is an Honor Society?
According to the Association of College Honor Societies, an honor society is an association of primarily collegiate members and chapters whose purposes are to encourage and recognize superior scholarship and/or leadership and research achievement either in broad fields of education or in specialized fields at either undergraduate or graduate levels.
What are the benefits of Honor Society membership?
A review of the Association of College Honor Societies, revealed five major ways a person can benefit from an honor society membership:
- An invitation to an honor society is an honor because membership is usually
by invitation only.
- All honor societies bestow honor, recognition, and lifetime distinction.
- Membership is an earned reward for you academic success.
- Membership is an excellent addtion to your resume.
- Access to societial publications such as journals and magazines.
- Access to local, state, reginonal, and national meeting that can be used to
- Access to career development workshops or career fairs at meetings/events.
- Access to other members who may support you in your future endeavors.
- Access to potential employers meetings/events.
- Honor society membership meets one of the requirements for entrance at the
GS-7 level in federal service employment.