January 9-10, 2009
Memorial Union, Room 3505
Iowa State University
Ames, Iowa 50011
A conference to inform, plan, and identify stakeholders interested in the development and integration of emerging bioplastics technology for use in the specialty crops agricultural industry. Bioplastics are biorenewable, biodegradable, non-petroleum polymers that exhibit many of the same properties as petroleum-based plastics with minimal long-term impacts on the environment.
*** You must register to attend ***
• The conference is free and open to the first 200 who register.
• Friday dinner and Saturday breakfast and lunch will be provided.
• Attendees are responsible for their own transportation and lodging.
• We extend a special invitation to stakeholders from the plastics, specialty crops, and marketing industries.
Please register by Email to: Dr. James Schrader
– Please include your name, organization, position, email address, mailing address, and preferred working group.
Conference Chairman: Dr. William Graves
Conference Facilitator: Dr. James Schrader
Dr. William Graves - Specialty Crops Research, Department of Horticulture, Iowa State University
Dr. David Grewell - Biological and Process Engineering, Department of Agricultural and Biosystems Engineering, Iowa State University
Dr. Heidi Kratsch - Extension Ornamental Horticulture Specialist, Department of Plants, Soils, and Climate, Utah State University
Dr. James Schrader - Plant Physiology Research, Department of Horticulture, Iowa State University
Dr. Ruby Ward - Extension Economics Specialist, Department of Economics, Utah State University