Iowa State University
Department of Natural Resource Ecology and Management
124 Science II
515-294-4622, Fax 515-294-7874
B.S., Iowa State, 1979
M.S., Texas A&M, 1982
Ph.D., Mississippi State, 1988
Dr. Morris’s research focus on two general fisheries topics, aquaculture and pond management. The aquaculture research focuses on the fish species appropriate for the Midwest. Fisheries research focuses on fisheries management, aquatic vegetation management, water quality issues as well as general aquatic ecology questions. A unique aspect of Morris’s integrated extension/outreach and research program is his role as Associate Director of the North Central Regional Aquaculture Center (NCRAC) where he manages and leads various extension/outreach programming activities from this important federally supported entity. NCRAC's mission is to enhance aquaculture through education, research, and technology transfer to support a sustainable profitable industry.
- Kaatz, S., J. E. Morris, J. B. Rudacille, and R. D. Clayton. In Press. Origin of Chironomid Larvae in Plastic-Lined Culture Ponds: Airborne or Water Supply? North American Journal of Aquaculture.
- Mulligan, B., J. E. Morris, and R. D. Clayton. Accepted. Chironomid abundance and consumption by juvenile channel catfish in plastic-lined and earthen culture ponds. Aquaculture Research.
- Clayton, R.D. and J. E. Morris. 2009 Habituation performance for two percids to formulated feed under turbid and clear water culture. Journal of Applied Aquaculture 21:151-159.
- Bozwell, J. L., R. D. Clayton,and J. E. Morris. 2009. Use of hydrogen peroxide to improve golden shiner egg hatchability. North American Journal of Aquaculture 71:238-241.
- Rosauer, D. R., J. E. Morris, and R. D. Clayton. 2009. Role of compensatory growth in walleye fingerling production. North American Journal of Aquaculture 71:35-38.
- Clayton, R. D., J. E. Morris, and R. C. Summerfelt. 2009. Turbidity duration on walleye larvae culture. North American Journal of Aquaculture 71:174-177.
- Fowler, A. L. and J. E. Morris. 2008. A new stomach sample collection device for fish gastric lavage samples. North American Journal of Fisheries Management 28:1775-1778.
- Kaatz, S. E. and J. E. Morris. 2007. Effects of formulated feed on water quality in fingerling walleye production ponds. Scientifical Papers – Animal Sciences and Biotechnologies 40:29-36.
- Morris, J. E. and R. D. Clayton. 2007. A benthic sampler for plastic-lined ponds. Journal of the World Aquaculture Society 38:318-321.
- Rogge, M. L., A. A. Moore and J. E. Morris. 2003. Organic and mixed organic-inorganic fertilization of plastic-lined ponds for fingerling walleye culture. North American Journal of Aquaculture 65: 179-190. Contribution: 30%