Java(tm) Development Kit
Tools Reference Pages - Windows
- Base Tools
- The Java Language Compiler that you use to compile programs written in the
Java(tm) Programming Language into bytecodes.
- The Java Language Runtime that you use to run programs written in the
Java(tm) Programming Language.
- The Java Language Debugger that helps you find and fix bugs in Java(tm)
- Creates C header files and C stub files for a Java(tm) class.
These files provide the connective glue that allow your code written
in the Java Programming Language to interact with code written in
other languages like C.
- Disassembles compiled Java(tm) files and prints out a representation of
the Java bytecodes.
- Generates API documentation in HTML format from Java(tm) source code.
- Allows you to run applets without a web browser.
- RMI Tools
- Generates stub and skeleton
class files for Java objects implementing the
- Starts a remote object
registry on a speficied port. The remote object registry is a
bootstrap naming service which is used by RMI servers.
- Returns the serialVersionUID for one or more classes.
- Internationalization Tools
- Converts non-Unicode Latin-1
(source code or property) files to Unicode Latin-1.
- JAR Tool
- Combines multiple files into a single
Java Archive (JAR) file.
- Digital Signing Tool
- Generates digital signatures for archive files and manages
the database of entities and their keys and signatures.
Java(tm) Developers Kit