The following list are the steps you will need
to take in order to complete this WebQuest. It is recommended
that you follow the steps in the order they are presented. Even
though each one of you have a different role and have different
things to do, other group members will need the information you
find too. Remember: Work as a team!
- Decide on a business name.
- Decide on your target audience. What you plan to do on your
trip will depend upon who you bring on your trip. When you are
planning your route, menu, and brochure keep your audience in
mind. Your group may choose a group other than teens. For example:
adults, married couples, juvenile delinquents, talented and
gifted teens, or families.
- Decide which river you would like to raft down. You are able
to choose rivers from the western half of the United States.
Use the resources listed at the bottom of the page. If you can't
find all that you need, please see the teacher to locate additional
- Click on the Roles tab to find out what your individual tasks
are. It is recommened that you print out your individual assignments.
As a group go over your assignments and what you will need from
each other to complete the tasks. At this time, go to the evaluation
page and read over the rubrics for all the tasks.
- Gather Information - look at your roles to find specific information.
- Create rough drafts of each project. Look at your Role assignments.
- Spend one whole class period discussing your rough drafts.
Check out the Evaluation tab to make sure you have everything
you need to get a good grade. ** Your group must inform
the teacher when you are having this meeting. ** The
teacher needs to look at all the rough drafts.
- Create final drafts.
- Spend 5-10 minutes in class discussing final products - make
changes if necessary.
- Hand in final drafts on paper and on a CD.
- Visit the Conclusion page.
- Present your business to the class.
** Additional Tasks **
- Group Meetings: Spend five to ten minutes
everyday discussing the progress of your business with your
group members. Each group member will share information they
have. Everybody decides if each person is going in the right
direction. Make sure everyone has all they need to complete
their individual task.
- Deadlines: You will have three weeks to
complete this WebQuest. You will need approximately one week
to do research and one and half weeks to work on rough drafts.
You should only need three days to complete final drafts. The
teacher will be randomly checking up on your group's progress.
Your group will be deducted points if your group is not working.
- Guide to white water rafting around the world including the
western United States. Links to various rafting tour groups.
- Contains a lot of information on different types of rivers
around the world and what you need to pack for your trip.