Iowa Native Plant Society Grant Information
INPS offers two grants:
- Small Grants Program (since 2006) - grants aiding with land acquisition; inventory, restoration, and management of native remnants; native plant research; and training and education.
- Restore Iowa! (new in 2011) - grants for involving youth in ecological restoration efforts. This is aimed at getting more young people out and working to restore nature in Iowa.
For more information on each grant type and how to apply, use the links on the left.
INPS is proud of its grants. In the eight years of the Small Grants Program, INPS has awarded $12,411 to a total of eighteen projects. Funding has broken down in this way:
- Land acquisition projects: 2 grants, $2500 total
- Inventory, restoration, management projects: 6 projects, about $3700 total
- Research projects: 7 projects, about $4500 total
- Training and education projects: 3 projects, $1750
The first $1000 Restore Iowa! grant was awarded in 2012. In 2013, $1,000 was awarded to each of two projects.
For more information on each type of grant and how to apply, use the links on the left. We encourage you to apply for a grant. If you don't find what you need on this website, or have questions about the applicability of your project or the grant guidelines, contact INPS grant manager Connie Mutel (email@example.com).