ISU Customer Data Privacy Statement
Iowa State University (ISU) has developed this e-commerce privacy statement in order
to demonstrate our firm commitment to safeguard the privacy of those who
utilize our e-commerce web sites. ISU e-commerce web sites are developed in
accordance with this privacy statement and adhere to the following set of
- Some e-commerce transactions may request or require that users provide personal
identifiers (such as Social Security Number or ISU University ID number);
personal contact information (such as name, street address, and/or e-mail
address); transaction mailing address (such as address to which document is to
be sent); and/or financial information (such as account numbers or credit card
- User information that is required in order to process an e-commerce transaction will
be marked “required”.
- User information requested but not required in order to process an e-commerce
transaction will be marked “optional”.
- Information obtained from the individual during the transaction may be matched against
University records if necessary to ensure that the transaction is valid and/or
to update university records if applicable.
- Information about the transaction may be recorded in the appropriate University system in
order to document when and how the service was provided.
- University records for students, alumni, employees, etc. are covered by University
confidentiality policies that are separate from the e-commerce privacy
- Each ISU e-commerce web site will include an ISU e-mail address for your use if you
have questions or concerns about any transaction.
- ISU may release account and other personal information when we believe release is
appropriate to comply with law or protect the rights, property, or safety of
ISU, our users, or others.
- This privacy statement does not apply to any affiliated third-party vendors that
provide e-commerce services. You are encouraged to consult the privacy statement of any
third-party vendor when you engage in any transactions that involve such third parties.
Access and Security:
ISU will take necessary steps to verify the identity of
those conducting e-commerce or other transactions. Certain areas of ISU's web
sites limit access to specific individuals through the use of a unique
identifier and Password.
ISU is committed to ensuring the security of your information. To prevent
unauthorized access or disclosure, maintain data accuracy, and ensure the
appropriate use of information, we have put in place appropriate physical,
electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information
we store in University systems and/or collect through e-commerce web sites.
If you have any questions about ISU’s e-commerce privacy statement, the practices
of this site, or your dealings with this web site, please contact us.