My computer won't start, what should I do?
I want to upgrade, what should I do?
- Verify that the computer is plugged in
- Verify that computer power switch on the back of the tower is turned on for desktops
- Make sure all core components are plugged into the Power Supply
- If it still doesn't start, consult a local repair shop.
- Tablets are extremely difficult to upgrade so buying a new, more performant Tablet is ideal.
- A few components in a laptop are easily upgradeable.
- Storage is one of these, which can be upgraded by adding a SSD or adding a bigger and/or faster HDD.
- RAM is the other easily upgradeable component, which can be upgraded by adding additional or bigger RAM sticks.
When was this guide last updated?
- All parts of a Desktop can be easily uprgaded, outside of the Motherboard.
- Storage and RAM can be upgraded as stated in the Laptop section.
- Graphics cards can be upgraded by buying a faster unit and/or one with more video RAM. In Special occasions, you can even add an additonal GPU.
- Various other components can be added to the computer as well, including: Sound Cards, TV Tuners, Audio Cards, Bluray Drives, and more.
This guide was last updated on 5/5/2014.
Mac vs. Windows
Computer Brand Comparison
Best Buy Laptop Buying Guide
Amazon Computer Purchasing Guide
Please contact us at ISUPCGuide@gmail.com with any questions, comments, or concerns you have with the document.
We can also provided additional assistance if you need it.