Arch534: Advanced Computer-aided Architectural Design
The purposes of this class are to explore the "common denominators" of
design across all design fields. Areas of studies include:
Any major is welcome.
- Exploration of design methodologies of analogy, parti, metaphor, and
- Exploration of organic form creation to understand motion in
- Exploration of GrassHopper application for developing design strategies.
- Exploration of parametric modeling to capture the motion in design.
This course fulfills the Digital Media Minor Degree.
Course concentrations in Spring, 2017 ---
- Backward thinking.
- Rhino modeling.
- GrassHopper algorithmic creation.
- Utilizing Python to control GrassHopper in Rhino.