At ISU I have been able to serve as:
- Founder and convenor of the problem-solving learning community, an informal community of faculty, staff, and students who share the common goal of improving the problem-solving skills of our students.
- Coordinating Council for the Center for Excellence in Science, Math, and Engineering Education (CESMEE). In 2008 we restarted this Center at ISU where I helped increase professional development summer training for Iowa physics teachers.
- Vice Chair Advisory Board for ISU’s Center for Excellence in Learning and Teaching (CELT) 2010-2011.
- Project Director: Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Transforming ISU’s Undergraduate Science Education, 2010-2014
- Iowa’s statewide Strategic Planning committee for Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (STEM), 2010-2011
- Iowa Governor's STEM Advisory Board: Policy committee