The procedures delineated in this section apply to students who were dismissed from
1. Reinstatement is not automatic. A student who has been dismissed for academic reasons should contact the Dean’s Office in the college he or she wishes to enter for instructions specific to that college. The college Academic Standards Committee reviews each petition and other relevant information, and reinstatement is based upon that review. As part of the petition, the student must submit a plan for academic success that identifies the causes of her or his poor academic performance and demonstrates that he or she has taken actions to avoid or eliminate these causes.
2. A student can only be reinstated after at least one academic semester has elapsed since she or he was academically dismissed. The summer session is not a semester for the purpose of being out of school one semester.
3. A student who has been dismissed from enrollment two or more times is not eligible for reinstatement until at least two academic semesters have elapsed since his or her last academic dismissal.
4. A student who was dismissed by one college and subsequently reinstated by another college cannot transfer back to the original college unless permission is granted by the Academic Standards Committee of the original college. This procedure applies regardless of the student’s academic standing when the transfer is requested.
5. To be considered for reinstatement to the university, a student must file a reentry form and submit a petition to the Academic Standards Committee of the college in which she or he desires to enroll at least 45 days before the beginning of the semester. (A student dismissed for the second time and requesting reinstatement in the