To register for classes, students need the following materials and information:
• Registration Worksheet, available for download at www.iastate.edu/~registrar.
• A RAN (registration access number) if required by their college.
• Course information from the Online Schedule of Classes at www.ats.iastate.edu/cgi-bin/class.
• Other departmental information applicable to their curriculum, available from their adviser.
Students are expected to do the following in the advising and registration process:
1. Meet with their adviser, who will provide the following:
a. degree audit
b. guidance in course selection
c. Registration Authorization Card, with RAN, if applicable.
2. Choose specific sections of each course. Students are responsible for choosing their course sections. In most cases advisers will not be involved in selecting meeting times.
3. Review their registration start date/time information and any registration hold information on AccessPlus, under Current Information. Students in those colleges which require a four-digit registration access number (RAN) should meet with their adviser to obtain their Registration Authorization Card on which the RAN is printed.4. Register for courses using the AccessPlus registration system.