to Lecture Notes and to Review Materials for Exams
The best way to use these notes is to run them off before class and to take notes on them or to use them after lecture to check your own notes and to see some of the examples again.
CAUTION: Notes are loosely based on the power point slides shown and elaborated upon during lecture; there was material covered in lecture that is not dealt with here and there is occasionally material here that we didn't get to in lecture.
Trouble coming up with an Informative Speech topic? Try this form to brainstorm great ideas!
Here is Information on
Interpreting your PRPSA Scores [the public speaking anxiety
Review Materials for Exam 1 scheduled for Wednesday, September 19
- Outline version of Lecture Notes for August 20 and August 22
- Lecture Notes for August 31 [quiz and correct answers will be available next week]
- powerpoint slides version of lecture notes for August 31 [quiz slides and experiment slides removed]
- Word file of quiz questions and correct answers.
- Lecture ppt slides for September 5
- Outline for the sample Paired Perspectives Speech on motivations for regular workouts delivered in lecture.
- Lecture PowerPoint Slides for September 14 and 17 [Sept. 17 includes advice on dealing with speaking anxiety.]
- Here is another sample speech outline; this one is for the sneezing speech from the workbook
Introduction to Persuasive Speaking; Analyzing and Organizing Persuasive Speeches
- PowerPoint Slides for October 8 and 10
Methods of Persuasion: Supporting Materials; Logos, Ethos, and Pathos; Putting it All Together a Review
Review Materials for
Exam 2 scheduled for Wednesday, October 24
Special Occasion Unit
- Power Point Slides for November 12
- Want to see or listen to some other special occasion speeches?
For Fall 2007: December 10-14 is Final Exam
The 212 exams are scheduled Monday or Friday as follows:
For people officially registered for
Monday, December 10 12:00- 2:00 p.m.
Final Exam Session is in the LeBaron Lecture Hall
[A non-distracting environment is also available. See Dr. Slagell.]