L. Dinkelman, Assistant Professor
152 Parks Library
I am the subject librarian at Iowa State University for Animal Science; Ecology, Evolution & Organismal Biology; Genetics, Development & Cell Biology; Horticulture; Plant Pathology; and the College of Veterinary Medicine.
Vita - March 2011
- Veterinary Medicine electronic books from ScienceDirect, March 2011
2. NCBI Workshops at Iowa State University
3. Presentations for Graduate Students
4. Undergraduate Courses - Class Presentations
5. Computational and Systems Biology Summer Institute (CSBSI) - presentation on June 22, 2010
7. Publications and Presentations
Note: As of Friday, February 22, 2008 the NCBI mini-courses scheduled for March 25 & 26, 2008 at ISU have been CANCELED by the NCBI because of budgetary constraints.
Previous NCBI events:
1. Dinkelman, Andrea L.,
Jeanine E. Aune, and Gail R. Nonnecke. Using an Interdisciplinary Approach
Teach Undergraduates Communication and Information Literacy Skills. Journal of Natural Resources
and Life Sciences Education. 39 (2010): 137-144. Available: http://www.jnrlse.org/view/2010/e10-0005u.pdf
2. Dinkelman, Andrea L. "Using Course Syllabi to Assess Research Expectations of Biology Majors: Implications for Further Development of Information Literacy Skills in the Curriculum," Issues in Science & Technology Librarianship 60 (Winter 2010): Available: http://www.istl.org/10-winter/refereed3.html
3. Dinkelman, A. (Fall 2007). "See a Need, Fill a Need" -- Reaching out to the Bioinformatics Research Community at Iowa State University. Issues in Science & Technology Librarianship. Number 52. Available: http://www.istl.org/07-fall/refereed1.html
4. Dinkelman, A. & Stacy-Bates, K. (January 2007). Accessing E-books through Academic Library Web Sites. College & Research Libraries. 68 (1) 45-58. Available: http://crl.acrl.org/content/68/1/45.full.pdf+html
1. Aune, J., Dinkelman, A., Nonnecke, G. (2007, November 8). Interdisciplinary Learning: Combining communication, information literacy, and subject area in a first-year composition course. Selected presentation given at the 12th Annual National Learning Communities Conference. Indianapolis, IN.
2. Dinkelman, A. (2006,
October 26-27). "1 Librarian + Teaching Faculty = Successful Collaborations!"
Poster presented at the Association of College and University Biology Educators
(ACUBE) Meeting, Decatur, IL. Available:
Last updated: 05/14/2010